Monday, July 13, 2015

Gluten Free Pita Chips

One of the things I miss the most is Pita Bread.  I've made it when I was still using wheat flour.  They are time consuming and lots of work but the reward of deliciousness was worth it.  It's so hard to put in the work for something that may not come out well nowadays with gluten free flours.  I find Gluten free breads are sweeter than I like.

I still haven't found Pita Bread but I found an alternative to Pita Chips and they are pretty tasty.  Mission Tortillas makes a pretty good alternative to flour tortillas, they can be lightly salted and baked in a 350 degree oven til brown on parchment.  Turn them over a couple of times so they brown evenly.  

USES - Besides the usual with hummus they are also delicious in a mediterranean salad known as fattoush.  Just be sure and add them at the very last so they don't get gummy as gluten free can be prone to do when soggy.  They can also be put in a food processor to make crumbs.  Mix with parmesan cheese and coated on chicken thighs dipped in butter for a yummy easy baked chicken dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment