Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Squash Blossom Quesadilla - Farmer's Market Inspired!

Squash Blossom Quesadilla Ingredients
I have eaten almost exclusively organic for about 6 years but I am trying to step up my game, especially when I am craving familiar foods that I grew up with, my comfort foods.  The Mexican grilled cheese sandwich or "Quesadilla" is one of those foods.  Here I used a quality New Zealand sharp cheddar cheese and add squash blossoms to increase my healthy vegetable intake and a roasted yellow chili instead of a traditional jalapeno, anaheim or serrano chili.

I am just going to let the photographs "BE" the recipe with the exception of brushing the corn tortillas with olive oil after softening them on a griddle along with roasting the chilis at the same time.
blogtryptychtechnique

Serve with avocado, salsa is nice too!
DSC00330


1 comment:

  1. BONJOUR!
    Thank you so much for your support... from what I have seen I would love to have you contribute some recipes and photography if you are interested!
    Here is the HTML... sorry it took me so long!

    Please email me for the HTML as I could not include it in this comment box.

    Merci Encore!
    Angela
    the Parisienne Farmgirl’s Giveaway Fantastique
    &
    Parisienne Farmgirl Magazine

    ReplyDelete